Friday, March 27, 2009

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

As I was surfing the various blogs I follow, I clicked on a link and randomly ended up on a blog this morning that prompted this entry.

It was about a little boy who, while in his mother's womb, was diagnosed with heart failure and the parents were told he would not survive. Because of the family's devout belief in God and His miracles, the baby was born, even tho the doctors said again he would die. The parents will not believe that this precious baby was given to them, only to be taken away and they're great prayer warriors for this child. I don't know how to link to this blog, but that's not why I'm writing this... keep this family in prayer... God knows who you're praying for, even if you don't... but again, that's not why I'm writing this...

I'm writing to say that there are always people out there who are so much worse off, or have so many more problems than I. So when I start to feel like "Whoa is me!", instead, I must remember to "COUNT MY BLESSINGS".

I believe that God sent me to this site, just to remind me that no matter what my "problems" may be, I need to be praying for others. He knows what I'm dealing with and He'll handle it for me.

Don't tell God how big your storm is.
Tell the storm how BIG your GOD is!

5 comments:

The Texas Woman said...

Amen, sista!

The Texas Woman

Donna in Alabama said...

He works in mysterious ways!

I thought this was going to be the story of Tim Tebow, the quarterback for Florida. Although it was a heart defect, the doctors advised his mother to abort him. Here is a link about him, scroll down to the Early Life/Personal to read about his missionary parents.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tebow

Donna in Alabama said...

oops, that should have been "not a heart defect" on Tim Tebow

bindu said...

We were watching a documentary yesterday about the poverty in Swaziland, and how the king lives in luxury. Little AIDS orphans were being handed out a meager meal of dry bread, and the little ones patiently stood in line to get it, and then ate it because they had no other food. Made me realize once again just how fortunate we are and how sad so many innocent lives are. Wish we could do something about it.

meb said...

I wish we could do something about these situations too bindu. So sad how humans can treat other humans so horribly.

Reminds me of your Save the Seals post. Cruelty is so foreign to me.